NEET 2021 Online Application Form has been released. Now, candidates can apply for NEET before 30th November 2019 on the official website.
If you’re gearing up to appear in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) 2021, referring to the previous year’s question papers will not be of much help.
Why? It’s because, the exam will see a complete overhaul from 2021.
HRD minister Prakash Javadekar announced that a newly formed National Testing Agency (NTA) will now conduct the national-level examinations — NET, NEET, JEE (Mains). These exams were until now conducted by the CBSE.
With the onset of the new body, several changes in the exam pattern from the year 2020 are underway.
Know all about the current changes in NEET 2021:
- The exam will not be conducted in multiple shifts. There will be just one shift for NEET next year, to be held on September 12TH, 2021.
- To ensure that computer skills are not a barrier, they will introduce 3,000 practice test centers across the country, especially in rural areas.
- Students can appear both the times in NEET and the better of the two scores would be taken into consideration for admission by using a specialized standardization technique while determining the final score.
- The venue of exam centers, which will be at district and sub-district levels will be available free of cost to students for practice purposes from August onwards.
Important dates for NEET 2021 Exam
|Online registration start date||13th July 2021|
|Last date to register||6th August 2021 up to 11.50 PM|
|Last date to submit application fee||7th August 2021 up to 11.50 PM|
|Admit Card release date||9th September 2021|
|Exam Date||September 12th 2021 (2.00 PM to 5.00 PM)|
|Declaration of results||Announced on the website|
NEET Exam Pattern 2021 – A Quick Glance:
The exam pattern of the NEET 2021 is carefully designed by the conducting authority, NTA.They will craft the NEET exam pattern based on the syllabus decided by the Medical Council of India. If you’re looking forward to fetching good marks, you’ll need to have detailed knowledge about the exam structure while making an effective study strategy. Get to know NEET entrance exam information, question type, section and divisions, number of questions under each section, marking scheme and topic weightage.
Here are the details of NEET 2021 and the expected test exam pattern.
|Date of Exam||12th September 2021 (Announced)|
|Mode of Exam||Pen and Paper mode only (offline)Students will answer in OMR sheets|
|Number of Questions||180 questions|
|Type of Question||Multiple Choice Questions – where candidates need to select the right answer from 4 choices|
|Subjects||Chemistry, Physics and Biology|
|Language of Question||English, Hindi, Tamil, Assamese, Oriya, Kannada, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Telegu and Urdu|
Marking Scheme for NEET Exam 2021:
- Total Marks: The total marks for the exam is 720 (all papers)
- Marking Scheme: For each right answer, candidates will get 4 marks
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted from the total for any wrong answer. For multiple answers to a single answer, 1 mark will be taken away.
NEET Syllabus 2021
The syllabus for NEET medical entrance 2021 is comprised of four subjects, i.e. Chemistry, Physics, Zoology and Botany. For better preparations, you should prepare for the exam as per the officially prescribed syllabus. The syllabus has been notified by the MCI (Medical Council of India) and it shall comprise subjects from class 11th & 12th.
How to score well in NEET 2021?
To prepare for NEET, it is not enough to study and solve problems in physics, chemistry and biology only. To earn a seat in the coveted medical colleges, you will have to build a strong strategic preparation plan. To help you prepare better, here are a few hacks:
- Use NCERT books for preparations and bring some objective books to solve questions.
- Focus on core concepts. There are weightage for specific topics in 11std and 12std.
- Practice 40 questions every day on the subject you’re focusing.
- Remember that there would be 90 questions in biology, twice of physics and chemistry.
- Make sure you target the usual suspect’s first – atomic structure and thermodynamics.
- Revise the formulae and important equations (including named reactions of organic and inorganic chemistry) of at least two chapters daily.
Dedicated practice and revision are the major factors that can lead to success in NEET 2021. If you are somebody targeting the upcoming medical tests, go through these tips to crack NEET exam with ease.