The National Medical Commission (NMC) recommends the syllabus for NEET-UG. NEET 2021 syllabus will be the same as last year, clarified by the Ministry of Education (MoE). From 2019 onward National Testing Agency (NTA) will take over the reign of conducting entrance exams in India, which Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) used to conduct.
What scenarios lead to the chaos about the NEET Syllabus?
About CBSE NEET Exam 2021:
- Students following the state board curriculum raised their voice against the CBSE NEET syllabus.
- In concern of the above issue Union HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar decided to include the state board curriculum in the CBSE NEET entrance exam.
- This statement leads to an outcry among the students and parents, as the candidates who were already preparing for NEET 2020 had already covered more than half of their syllabus. And it would be difficult to cover the state board syllabus in this short duration.
- As a result, CBSE announced that syllabus won’t change for 2021 NEET exam.
About NTA NEET Exam 2021:
At the present time syllabus of NEET Exam 2021 is the same. It has not been changed.
And now as we know that instead of CBSE, NTA will conduct the NEET 2021 exam, they have clarified the above statement. The mode of 2021 NEET exam is offline, which is the pen and paper mode.
What has changed in the NEET 2021 exam?
The rules and regulation regarding the age limit and the number of attempts to appear for NEET 2021 was a matter of confusion. Especially for the ones who have already appeared in the examination and intend to appear again.
The eligibility criteria for NEET 2021 is revised. He/she has completed 17 years of age at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31 December of the year of his/her admission to the first year Undergraduate Medical Course.
The upper age limit for NEET (UG) is 25 years as on the date of examination with a relaxation of 5 years for the candidates belonging to the SC/ST/OBC-NCL category and PwBD Candidates.
|For Candidates of General (UR)/General-EWS||Born on or before 31.12.2004|
|For Candidates of SC/ST/OBC-NCL/PwBD Category|
Indian Citizens/ Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) intending to pursue Undergraduate Medical Courses in a foreign Medical/ Dental Institute also need to qualify NEET (UG).
NOTE: Candidates who have completed 10+2 from Open School or as private candidates will not be qualified to show up for ‘National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test’. Besides, the study of Biology/Biotechnology as an additional subject at +2 level likewise will not be permissible.
Selecting NEET Exam question paper medium
- If you have opted the question paper medium as English then you will receive the test booklet in English only.
- If you have opted the question paper medium as Hindi or any regional language then you will receive the bilingual test booklet i.e. in Hindi or the selected language & in English. In case of any ambiguity in translation, the English version should be considered as the final one.
Syllabus for NEET 2021
From Class 11th
|1||Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body||Structure of Atom||Cell Structure and Function Biology and Human Welfare|
|2||Work, Energy and Power||Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry||Structural Organisation in Animals and Plants Genetics and Evolution|
|3||Kinematics||Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties||Diversity in Living World Reproduction|
|4||Properties of Bulk Matter||Thermodynamics||Human physiology Ecology and environment|
|5||Physical world and measurement||Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure||Plant Physiology Biotechnology and Its Applications|
|6||Laws of Motion||States of Matter: Gases and Liquids|
|9||Oscillations and Waves||Organic Chemistry- Some Basic Principles and Techniques|
|10||Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory||s-Block Element (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals)|
|11||Some p-Block Elements|
From Class 12th
|1||Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism||Solid State||Reproduction|
|2||Electromagnetic Waves||Electrochemistry||Ecology and environment|
|3||Electrostatics||Solutions||Genetics and Evolution|
|4||Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents||Chemical Kinetics||Biotechnology and Its Applications|
|5||Current Electricity||General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements||Biology and Human Welfare|
|6||Atoms and Nuclei||Surface Chemistry|
|7||Electronic Devices||p- Block Elements|
|8||Optics||d and f Block Elements|
|9||Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation||Biomolecules|
|10||Haloalkanes and Haloarenes|
|12||Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids|
|13||Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen|
|15||Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers|
|16||Chemistry in Everyday Life|
How to prepare for NEET 2021 exam?
As now you know about the NEET syllabus 2021, it’s time to look at, how you can prepare well to make the most of this opportunity.
NEET exam demands full devotion. For this, make sure you do the followings:
- Initially, you ought to make a study timetable and keep the complete track of time spent on every one of the subjects.
- Study NCERT theories & solve their problems. You may also use any reference book or any kind of study material to get clarification on your concepts.
- Take short breaks during your study hours.
- Solve past years’ NEET mock test papers.
- After, completing a chapter, take a chapter-wise test to evaluate what you have learned and what you have to work on.
- Online tests also add on value to your preparations. As you will be able to judge the time spent on each question.
- Watch videos related to the syllabus. Sometimes, videos can help you grasp the essence of critical topics.
NEET is one of the supreme medical entrance tests in India. Lakhs of applications are filled and only a few are able to qualify it. In NEET 2021 exam, more than 13 lakh applicants are likely to show up. This includes both the first time appearing candidates and the ones who have already appeared the exam in the past. So, practice well and nail it.
After qualifying the exam, if you need any assistance regarding the further admission procedure or want to study abroad, do contact us. We are always ready to help you out in making your best career decision.